Our vision and commitment to ensuring every child has the best start in life permeates through our EYFS and underpins our EYFS curriculum. Our EYFS curriculum is designed to give all children, regardless of their starting points, the self-belief and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Understanding that language and literacy provide the cornerstones to future attainment, our curriculum prioritises language development and, by the end of reception, ensures that our children use their knowledge of phonics to read accurately and with increasing fluency.
Through practical activities, purposeful play and talk, pupils develop an understanding of the world and the basic concepts they will need for their learning.
At Linthorpe Community Primary School learning takes place through a balance of child-initiated play and adult-led activities so that children:
- develop independence and are curious, enjoying learning and exploring;
- form positive relationships with adults and peers;
- become confident communicators;
- experience a broad and balanced curriculum reinforced by high quality teaching and learning that meets individual that needs;
- are confident learners who are ready for the next stage in their learning journey.
Throughout our EYFS your child will partake in an ambitious curriculum which is designed in a sequential way to ensure progress towards our end of year curricular goals.